LaminTec 5-HT helps to maintain healthy function of the horses circulatory and physiological systems and support blood flow to the laminae and throughout the hoof capillary bed. Suitable for horses and ponies prone to lamintus and those with cushings or metabolic syndrome where owners are worried about laminitus risk associated with weight gain and/or periods of high grass growth
LaminTec 5-HT™ contains a unique ingredient (feverfew herb) standardised so that the same chemicals of the herb are available in every pot you buy, unlike many other products where the quality varies from tub to tub. Research shows that serotonin is a key factor in Cushing’s disease; other researchers have also shown that serotonin may constrict the equine digital (hoof) blood vessels. This is important because when platelets are activated, they release serotonin into the blood circulation; feverfew is known to attenuate platelet activating factor. Additionally, parthenolide (a component of feverfew herb) has been shown to help protect equine digital blood vessels.
- Different from other products – backed by published science – includes a unique natural ingredient, ground feverfew herb. No current equine supplement has this ingredient.
- May help to decrease obesity; helpful for the ‘good doer’, fat cob, Shetland, Shire or other types of horse which put on weight easily.
- Feverfew is known to help balance body systems and assist in maintaining healthy circulation.
- Easy to use and good value (over 1 months supply per pot).
- Trialed with veterinary clients and horse sanctuaries.
- Flavoured with natural aniseed – very palatable to the horse.
Laminitis susceptibility: more important than the disease itself?
Anyone who has spent much time with horses becomes familiar with laminitis, changes in blood flow to the hooves which often result in intense pain and damage… and during the spring and autumn measures to prevent the disease are on the minds of many horse owners. The issue has been than there are many ‘triggers’ for the disease and no accepted cause, making it difficult to prevent or solve. Laminitis stems from many events, but over-eating and metabolic problems, such as Cushing’s disease, are well known.
Key concerns for vets and horse owners:
- Obesity in the horse and body imbalances brought about through over-eating (autumn flushes of grass and the change of nutrients and sugars in the grass).
- Seasonal changes in the horse’s body which may make it more susceptible to developing laminitis, especially where the horse has an underlying metabolic condition, e.g. Cushing’s disease. There are 1.35 million horses in the UK (BETA NES, 1999) of which between 3-7% might be expected to succumb to laminitis each year (Hinckley and Henderson, 1996).
Researchers at PED believe susceptibility to laminitis may be detected using ‘biogenic amine biomarkers’; substances in the body which could help predict if a particular horse is prone to the disease. The idea is that balance must be maintained in the horse’s body for it to be healthy and that there are key chemicals involved. Vets and researchers have been questioning for some years whether the current laboratory tests are helpful, given that false positives for Cushing’s disease may occur in autumn for normal horses and there are varied results of current treatments connected with laminitis.
All our products (unless stated) are delivered FREE of charge to UK postcode areas.
If your order is of a more urgent nature we can send by courier, a signed for delivery service, for £7.90 per order. Your order will reach you within 48 hours for most parts of the UK mainland.
wormers-direct.co.uk use the Royal Mail for all standard deliveries in the UK. Standard orders are sent out via Royal Mail 48 post which should reach you in 2-4 working days. Orders received are processed and despatched the following working day once any conditions have been met.
If your order is more urgent we can send out via First class post for a surcharge of £3.00.
To enable us to do same day despatch we would need to receive your order before 12 noon.
High value orders are sent by courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery.
We are happy to operate a returns policy as laid down by EU regulation but remind our customers that returns must be made within 14 days of receipt of goods.
Our advertised prices are for delivery in the
only. For deliveries outside the
to EU countries there is extra postage charge, dependant on the size and value of orders, We can send items by European tracking (which will be insured) on request but this would cost extra.
All our wormers are sourced within the UK and are of consistently appropriate quality and are safe and efficacious when used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
It is an offence to administer a wormer that has not been marketed or packaged for use in the UK
We supply to all areas of Great Britain including all islands and highlands with free delivery with the exception of The Hay Bar which we only can deliver on the mainland